Crisis Response Local
Restore public trust and reputation of an international energy company after a massive environmental disaster.
Focusing locally, as local issues and officials drive the national and state legislative, regulatory and financial agendas we created effective on-the-ground communications and political organizations in affected states.
- Polling and focus groups to identify key audiences and messages.
- Built an extensive database of public officials, business and community leaders.
- Targeted outreach to key influential individuals, including those with whom reporters, including national media, were talking.
- Engaged and managed local media firms.
- Designed and implemented a strategic philanthropy program.
- Created and managed public events.
- Identified and recruited experts and third party advocates to speak on the issue.
- Increased favorability among key audiences in affected stated.
- Received high credit from state and local officials for clean-up efforts and “doing the right thing.”
- Ensured the ability of the company to obtain critical licenses to operate.